efficient, resilient, low-carbon
The goal of e-Roof.com is to assist building owners, architects & contractors with roofing strategies that provide long-term solutions that also minimize the ecological footprint of the building construction and operation. Currently light-gauge metal roofing options are well positioned to provide the best combination of functionality and aesthetics, more environmentally-considerate roofing products and design options have started to appear on the market.
- metal/ metal alloy
- natural weathering: copper, zinc, lead, stainless steel, corten, muntz (brass)
- base metal/ substrate aluminum, steel,
- metallic-coated base metal
- steel corrosion protection: Zn (galvanized), Al/Zn (galvalume), Zn/Al/Mg (ZalMag)
- aesthetic metal coating: Zn/Si+copper (FreedomGrey), Pb+copper (lead-coated copper)
- metal-plated metals: TCS (tin-coated stainless steel)
- conversion coat/ pretreatment: chromate, chromate-free
- color coatings
- electric-coloring bath: preweathering bath, anodizing, PVD (physical vapor deposition)
- duplex color-coatings: coil-coated colors, print coats, powder coating
Metal roof system components:
- WRB/ deck protection: synthetic felt, 30# felt, self-adhered membrane (ice dam protection); breather membrane
- ASV/ ventilation mat: entangled monofilament, dimpled drainage mat
- profile options: standing (vertical), flat-seam, flush-seam, over-lap, custom, etc.
- warranty options: perforation/ paint integrity (material), labor (installation), system (material+labor)
photos © SSAB & © Isaiah Industries 2017-2019 All Rights Reserved.